Job openings at Stage Coach Lodge, Monterey, California
Job Title: Part-Time Housekeeper
Job Id: Housekeeper 1
Job Location: Monterey, California, USA
Job Type: Part Time
Key Skills: Housekeeping, Cleaning, Organization, Sanitation, Following Directions
Experience: 0 - 20 Years
To be responsible for cleaning and tidying the hotel bedrooms. In doing so, they must:
- Do the domestic work required, including changing the bedding and cleaning and replenishing the bathroom
- Check the general condition of the room and notify Maintenance of any malfunction or damage
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
- Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses
- To be responsible for the linen and equipment supplied for his or her use
- To ensure that hospitality standards and procedures are applied
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
- Team working
- Organisation and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
- No previous experience required
Applicants must be of legal age and be citizens of the United States or provide applicable legal permission to work. Applicants will undergo drug testing before hire. All jobs are at will and may be seasonal.
Benefits of working with Stage Coach Lodge:
Great staff and management at Stage Coach Lodge provide an ideal work environment.
Welcome to The Stage Coach Lodge. Stay with us! Book it Now!