Job openings at Stage Coach Lodge, Monterey, California
Job Title: Front Desk Hospitality Agent
Job Id: Front Desk Clerk
Job Location: Monterey, California, USA
Key Skills: Clerical, Computer - Excel And Email, Property Management
Experience: 2 - 20 Years
Department: Front Office
A Hospitality Agent is stationed at the front desk and greets and assists Guests (customers of the hotel) during their stay. The Agent communicates hotel amenities to potential Guests and will employ sales tactics to sell any available room inventory, take reservations, answers telephone calls and is responsible for cash receipts and accounting of such receipts during their assigned shift. The Agent will work with Management to manage and sell room inventory.
I. Provide courteous Guest service and respond promptly and politely to Guest’s requests, questions, or complaints.
II. Review front desk log book and note/follow-up on any special problems, guest requests/complaints, VIP arrivals and other special instructions from previous shift(s). Make applicable entries and communicate such issues for each shift accordingly.
III. Review and maintain the GRID – Graphical Room Inventory Display to correspond with stayovers, checkouts
IV. Ensure that Guest payments are handled correctly, maintaining individual cashier responsibility and accountability once you have taken over shift ownership.
V. Answer the telephone switchboard within five rings, using a professional and proper greeting with a warm and friendly tone.
VI. Provide courteous reservation services to Guests, utilizing the correct forms and methods. Ensure that the reservations are accurately depicted in the GRID. Know and quote a range of rates, per the property’s rate schedule, using techniques to maximize sales. Check in and Check out guests.
VII. Handle Guest complaints in a courteous and encouraging manner.
VIII. Perform daily audits and ensure that credit card authorizations or other forms of payment received for each folio is accurate.
- Must be eligible to be employed in the United States of America.
- Must be able to efficiently handle cash transactions.
- Must have the ability to operate a 10-key calculator, credit card terminal and personal computer with basic spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Must have mental process for following directions, remembering, mathematics and high level English language skills (speaking, reading, and writing) to perform duties including sales proficiently.
- Applicants will undergo drug testing before hire.
- Must have the presentation and ability to be hospitable and courteous to strangers and exhibit strong marketing and sales skills.
- Must have physical and mental abilities to perform job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Benefits of working with Stage Coach Lodge:
Great staff and management at Stage Coach Lodge provide an ideal work environment.